Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Parameter requirements
235383
<p style="margin-left:13.6pt;">Hi all,</p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;"> </p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;">I have two parameters in the report</span></p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;"> </p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;">[font="tahoma, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">1) One is text box and the second one is list box or combo box (multi select)[/font]</span></p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;"> </p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;">[font="tahoma, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">2) My Req is , if I enter the value in the text box (ex: ABC) , all the corresponding values of ABC (pulled from data set) should be displayed in the multi select list box. From that list, i need to select multiple values.[/font]</span></p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;"> </p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;">[font="tahoma, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">One more Ex: if i enter 'America', all the states should be displayed( should pulled from data set,not hard coded). If i enter some other country, the corresponding states should be displayed.[/font]</span></p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;"> </p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;">[font="tahoma, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">3) And I can select only n values from the list box and if i select more than n values in the multi select list box, help text (or error) should be displayed as only n values can be selected. User should not be able to select n+1<sup class='bbc'><sub class='bbc'>th</sub></sup> value.[/font]</span></p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;"> </p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;">[font="tahoma, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Could you please help me out with sample design if possible.[/font]</span></p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;"> </p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;">[font="tahoma, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">FYI, I am using Actuate BIRT version 11.[/font]</span></p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;"> </p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;">[font="tahoma, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Thanks[/font]</span></p><p style="margin-left:13.6pt;">[font="tahoma, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Guru[/font]</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
BRM
<p>Have a look at the many resources for cascading parameters...</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/birt2.1/cascade/index.php'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/birt2.1/cascade/index.php</a></p><p> </p>
;