Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Get parameters for each page (pdf)
billybon
<p>Hello everybody,</p><p> </p><p>I create pdf report using birt report api.</p><p> </p><p>How I can get parameters for each pages using birt report api?</p><p> </p><p>For expamle.</p><p>I created rptdesing file. Added some dynamic texts which used params named p11, p12 at first page and p21, p22, p23 at second page.</p><p> </p><p>Result:</p><p>page1 -> p11, p12</p><p>page2 -> p21, p22, p23</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance for your help.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
danfi
<p>Here's a bit more detail on this topic:</p><p> </p><p>We are using BIRT to create our PDF reports and that all works fine. These reports include lots of text which we inject into the report generator as parameters.</p><p> </p><p>What we're interested in is this: How do we determine on which page each parameter is rendered. For example, if we have a parameter, title, which has text "Hello there", we want a way to know the page number that it is displayed on.</p><p> </p><p>(Why do we want to know this? We want to be able to have users edit just the parameters on a particular page!)</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance!</p><p>Dan</p>
billybon
<p>Maybe anybody know how I can get all elements on needed page using birt api?
I can generate page using this:
iRenderTask.setPageNumber(2);
iRenderTask.render();
But how I can get elements on this page?</p>
mwilliams
During the run task, you should be able to create persistent global variables or something when you're creating your dynamic text element that can store the page number of the element. So, if you run separate run and render tasks, in the onCreate of the element, you can create this variable to store the current pageNumber.
Hope this helps you out.