Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using Excel Expressions within E.Spreadsheet Designer Functions
Edward Patterson
<p>I'm converting old actuate reports from v. 8 to v 11 and having to redo the data ranges and data in general.</p><p>Within my cells of interest I have references to "names" which are created by going to the Insert tab at the top of the GUI and scrolling down to "Name..."</p><p> </p><p>Problem 1:</p><p> </p><p>I'm trying to use the "SUMPRODUCT" excel function within Birt E.Spreadsheet v.11 with variables from my query. Example below:</p><p> </p><p>v.8: =SUMPRODUCT(--(CountAssignedUserCode=[AssignedUserCode]),--(CountStatus="Open"),--(CountRequestDescription=[RequestDescription]),--(CountRequestCount))</p><p> </p><p>v.11 (what i have so far): #query_GeneralOpenData:formula("SUMPRODUCT(" &'query_CountsData:write(AssignedUserId)' = AssignedUserId), "(query_CountsData:write(CountStatus)" =Open,( & "query_CountsData:write(CountRequestDescription)"=RequestDescription & "),(& "query_CountsData:write(CountStatus)")</p><p> </p><p>'query_CountsData:write(AssignedUserId) - defined as a Name "CountAssignedUserId"</p><p>query_CountsData:write(CountStatus) - defined as a Name "CountStatus"</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Question 1: How I do properly reference a defined "name"?</p><p> </p><p>Question 2: How do I properly represent excel functions within e.spreadsheet designer, specifically SUMPRODUCT?</p><p> </p><p>Question 3: How does one reference a row within the spreadsheet that is not on the same column or row as the cell one is trying to define?</p><p> </p><p>Your help is greatly appreciated. Please and Thank you.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet