Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Handling Drilldown Reports in Java
bmac
<p>I am using the Report Engine (birt 3.7.2) to generate PDF and HTML reports from a Java class. Everything is working fine except for drilldown links which run other reports with passed parameters. I assume I need to implement an Action Handler but cannot find an example. Can you please provide a Java example fo handling drilldowns.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Bob Macdonald</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, the report is built with Java, as well as running the report? You're not using the designer?
bmac
<p>The report is built in the report designer. I just run it from Java. I cannot figure out how to handle a drill-through to another report using only Java. I assume that is possible but cannot find an example.</p><p> </p><p>bob</p><p> </p>
johnw
<p>You can find an example here: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://opensourcejavaphp.net/java/birt/org/eclipse/birt/report/engine/api/HTMLActionHandler.java.html'>http://opensourcejavaphp.net/java/birt/org/eclipse/birt/report/engine/api/HTMLActionHandler.java.html</a></p><p> </p><p>Basically
, this is done in the emitter layer. You define an instance of an IActionHandler interface, and assign it to the report engine at runtime.</p><p> </p><p>Hope this helps.</p>