Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Timed Deploy - finding out when?
deborah
Is there any way I can find out (with administrator access) what date/time a timed deployment job is set to go out?
I have jobs in the queue that are "Waiting for Timed Deploy" but I have no way of knowing when that deployment is due to happen.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The best way to do this is within the wft - where you allow someone to set the timeout value for what is presumably a "dummytask" - is to have that information stored as a job variable. Then you can use the Job Attributes menu item to look at the values of the job variables.
There are some issues with retrieving the value of the timeout from the instantiated wft that I don't believe have been fixed yet (I could be wrong, I haven't looked at SP3) - where the value will either appear to be '0' or will be represented in a format of +xxxx where the 'x's are number of seconds (yes, seconds, not +HHHHMM)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
deborah
Thanx for the info. The workflows allow users to enter in a date for publication when they complete the initial workflow screen. When I use Job Details or Job Admin the dummy timed deploy task does not appear in the list. When I use Job Attributes I just get a box that is labelled iw_overwrite and the value in the field says false.
I'm really more of a business user than a programmer. I just want to know how I can find out the date that a timed deploy is set to for any tasks in the To Do view.
Adam Stoller
Ask the workflow developer to take the value that is entered at the time when the user (you?) enter in the date for publication, and turn in into a job variable (in addition to using it as it currently is being used).
Then, from the To Do List - you (the user) will be able to click on the Job Options (not looking at the screen right now, I think that's the name) menu and select Job Attributes - which will bring up a window with the various job variables - and you'll be able to see the value that had been set for the timeout.
Unless they do something clever in the workflow - changing the value that is displayed in the Job Attributes window will *not* affect the delay that was originally set. "clever" in this context means using an externaltask rather than a dummytask (which doesn't show up in the list by design), which periodically checks the value in the job variable against the current time and determines whether or not it should transition to the publish step in the workflow.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)