Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to determine which page a parameter is rended on
danfi
<p>Hi --
We are using BIRT to create our PDF reports and that all works fine. These reports include lots of text which we inject into the report generator as parameters.
What we're interested in is this: How do we determine on which page each parameter is rendered? For example, if we have a parameter, title, which has text "Hello there", we want a way to know the page number that it is displayed on. Was it rendered on page 1 or page 2 or even both?
(Why do we want to know this? We want to be able to have users edit just the parameters on a particular page!)
Thanks in advance!
Dan
</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
billybon
<p>Maybe anybody know how I can get all elements on needed page using birt api?
I can generate page using this:
iRenderTask.setPageNumber(2);
iRenderTask.render();
But how I can get elements on this page?</p>
kclark
<p>Do you have a sample report or some sample code I could look at? I know in your design you can use the pageNumber variable to see what the current page number is.</p>
billybon
<p>I added files to attachments.</p><p> </p><p>With best regards,</p><p>Alexey</p>
billybon
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="126910" data-time="1395933552"><div><p>Do you have a sample report or some sample code I could look at? I know in your design you can use the pageNumber variable to see what the current page number is.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>Do you have any news?</p>
kclark
<p>Here's a simple example where I just tacked on the page number to the end of the parameters. I put one above and below a table so they would be on different page. Using the pageNumber variable in onRender() you could check the page number and make your changes as needed.</p>