Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Diagram Drawing out of Bounds
mnick
<p>Hi,</p><p>when I use BIRT within my Swing Application, I get a nasty error. See the attached image.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>I already filled a bugzilla report:</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=427083'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=427083</a></p><p> </p><p>And
a Forum Post:</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1236425/'>http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1236425/</a></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Can
you please help me?</p><p>Best regards,</p><p>Matthias</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you attach a simple swing app that will show this issue that I can test on?
mnick
<p>Hi Michael,</p><p> </p><p>sure, I already attached a demo project when you follow the link to the bugzilla: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=427083'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=427083</a></p><p> </p><p>Best
regards,</p><p>Matthias</p>
mnick
<p>Hi Michael,</p><p> </p><p>anything new on this issue? Did you try the demo project?</p><p> </p><p>Best regards,</p><p>Matthias</p>
mwilliams
Sorry. I had a bunch of projects all at the same time. I'm trying to catch back up, now. I'll take a look in the bugzilla.
mwilliams
In your example attached to the bugzilla entry, the chart fits perfectly til resize. So, one thing you could do is prevent the resize:
public static void main(String[] args) {
TestFrame myFrame = new ScrollPaneTestFrame();
myFrame.setResizable(false);
myFrame.open();
}
mnick
<p>Hi Michael,</p><p>thanks for your answer.</p><p> </p><p>I agree, when I set resizeable to false it does not occur. However it would be a "no go" in our application to set it to non-resizable.</p><p>Do you see any chance that it will get fixed?</p><p> </p><p>Best regards,</p><p>Matthias</p>
mwilliams
Let me look at it a little more and see if I can figure something out. Have you tried in 4.3.2 to see if the same issue occurs? I might try that here in a bit. If it's still an issue with 4.3.2 and we can't find a way to get around it within the Swing Java code, please log a bug in the eclipse.org/birt bugzilla.
mnick
<p>Hi Michael,</p><p>I think I have tried it with 4.3 branch and I had the same issue.</p><p> </p><p>I already filed a bug, see the first message.</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=427083'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=427083</a></p>
;
mwilliams
Ha. Oops. I knew that.
I'll keep looking into this and let you know if I find a solution.
mnick
<p>Hi Michael,</p><p>anything new on this ticket? Have you had time to find a solution?</p><p> </p><p>Best regards</p><p>Matthias</p>
mnick
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Hi Michael,</p><p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">anything new on this ticket? Have you had time to find a solution?</p><p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </p><p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Best regards</p><p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Matthias</p>
mwilliams
<p>I worked at it for a bit without solving it. I got close, but not seemingly a workable option. I've been very pressed for time, lately, but I'll try to squeeze in some more time for this, soon.
</p>
mnick
<p>Hi Michael,</p><p>okay cool. Do you think it is possible to find a solution until the Eclipse Luna Release (Wednesay <span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:calibri, sans-serif;">25th June 2014</span>)</p><p> </p><p>Best regards,</p><p>Matthias</p>
mnick
<p>Hi Michael,</p>
<p>we still have this problem. Do you see any chance to get it fixed?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best regards,</p>
<p>Matthias</p>
mwilliams
<p>I've pushed this as an important issue. Hopefully we will see something in an upcoming release. I'll let you know, but your bug post will likely be updated if it gets attention, so you'll get a heads up that way, too.</p>