Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCR failed to save
Wiley
I need help.
we have a user who can't save DCRs to a particular data-type.
when they try to save, the get the message
DCR <dcr path> failed to save.
Check the path or contact your TeamSite administrator.
I've checked the permissions several times over, the user is in the group that has RW rights to the workarea. they are in the group that has RW rights to the data directory for that data type. And what's more, they can save DCRs for other data types.
Other users have been saving DCRs to the location that this user is having problems with.
I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
Have you ever had a DCR with this name and deleted it in this particular area? If so, this is the problem
Greg Zevin
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
MattP
It is strange that it is limited to one user. I have had that same issue with all users, and the problem was due to caps. look at the path that it is trying to write to. does it match the case in the actual path? In my case I had a cap "D" in Data. When I changed it to data, it worked.
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
Wiley
Thanks for your suggestions.
I've just arrived at work this morning, and tried to save a DCR again.... and it's working now. I changed permissions for that user yesterday, and I guess Teamsite was caching the permissions or something, our server gets restarted every night, so that probably fixed it. To make it even stranger, yesterday, though I was unable to save DCRs through teamsite, I was able to modify files through a mapping to //server/IWServer. Go Figure.