Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
dynamic start and end region value for meterchart (gauge)
unknown
<p>Hi</p><p> </p><p>In Birt 4.3.1</p><p>I have a gauge chart (meter chart ?)</p><p>I have 2 regions in the chart</p><p>I want to put dynamic end and start value for each of these regions depending of my series value...</p><p> </p><p>Is there a way to do that in scripting ?</p><p> </p><p>Has anyone an example rptdesign to do that ?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance for the help</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p> </p><p>Vincent</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
<p>Hi</p><p> </p><p>Nobody has an exemple of dynamic gauge chart depending of series values.</p><p>Just to see how to do that....</p><p> </p><p>Thank in advance</p><p> </p><p>Vincent</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi vkober,</p><p> </p><p>I think this example is what your are looking for <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/377-change-meter-scale-with-script/'>http://developer.actuate.com/...-with-script/</a></p>
;
Migrateduser
<p>Hi glo_fr</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your answer...in part yes but what I want to do is defining two "regions" in my dial (or meter) chart...</p><p>I see here it is possible with actuate here</p><p><a href="
; (code at the end of this message) </p><p> </p><p>but I don't find how to put function beforeDrawRegion( region, fgsc ) or to use function beforeDrawMarkerRange( axis, markerRange, icsc ) instead of... on Birt Community 4.3.1</p><p>If not possible I would like to know because I search since 2 days....</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance for you answer !</p><p> </p><p>Vincent</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>>>>></p><p> </p><p><em>Region Events</em>
You can customize the colors, transparency, labels, and range values of any region using the beforeRendering or beforeDrawRegion scripts. See the example below.
</p><pre>function beforeDrawRegion( region, fgsc ){ if( region.getLabel().equals("A") ){ region.setColor("00ff00"); } //Display value range of region. region.setLabel( "(" + region.getStartValue() + ", " + region.getEndValue() + ")" ); }function beforeRendering( gadget, fgsc ){ //First Region gadget.getRegion().get(0).setEndValue(25); //Second Region gadget.getRegion().get(1).setStartValue(25);</pre>
GLO_FR
<p>Something like this ?</p><p> </p><p>I've done it quickly on OS.</p><p>Just change the value in the dataset and put a better radius than this one
</p>
Migrateduser
<p>thanks a lot...it seems to be ok...I wil try and tell you the result</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Great !</p><p> </p><p>you're welcome</p>
Migrateduser
<p>I GLO_FR</p><p> </p><p>Fine, it's help me to build exactly what I want...</p><p>Thanks a lot</p><p> </p><p>Vincent</p>