Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Insert detail row based on Grouping value
Vishnupriya
<p>hi,</p><p> </p><p>I want to insert a row of data in a table based on the value of a Grouping column.</p><p>eg: This is my data</p><p> </p><p>OrderNo | Type | Category | Item | Value | Location<br />
<br />
1 | Fragile | Glass | Table | 5000 | Domestic<br />
2 | Fragile | Mirror | Mirror | 2500 | Domestic<br />
3 | Unbreakable | Soft Toy | Toy | 250 | Domestic<br />
4 | N/A | Rubber Toy | Toy | 370 | Domestic</p><p> </p><p>And this is how I want the report to be</p><p> </p><p>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<br />
Order | Category | Item | Value | Location +<br />
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<br />
Fragile<br />
<br />
[color=#ff8c00;]<strong>** HANDLE WITH CARE</strong>[/color]<br />
1 Glass Table 5000 Domestic<br />
2 Glass Mirror 2500 Domestic</p><p>Unbreakable<br />
<br />
3 Soft Toy Toy 250 Domestic <br />
________________________________________</p><p> </p><p>I want to insert the additional row of information "Handle with care" if the Grouping column value is "Fragile". I want this row to be dynamically generated, without configuring it in .rptdesign file.</p><p>should this logic be written in the eventhandler of TableGroup ?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Vishnupriya</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><p> </p><p> </p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]I want this row to be dynamically generated, without configuring it in .rptdesign file.[/color]</blockquote><p> </p><p>Why???</p><p>It could be so easy putting the row in the header and add conditional visibility.</p>
Vishnupriya
<p>because, this is <strong>not </strong>the only one instance where i want to tweak the table in the run time based on Grouping column. There are more and more conditions that require this treatment. So, I cannot generalize the layout as a part of group header at design time..</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Vishnupriya</p>
Hans_vd
<p>So not only the content, but also the number of rows that need to be displayed based on the group value is dynamic?</p>
Vishnupriya
<p>yes.. it can be addition of one or more rows based on condition</p>
Hans_vd
<p>Ok, this is how I would try to do this:</p><p>- add a group header row</p><p>- add a data element</p><p>- build an expression that puts the right text in place (add newlines if needed)</p><p>- make the row conditionally visible (if data element has no value, row is invisible, something like that)</p><p> </p><p>Hope it helps...</p><p>Never did it myself.</p>