Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Author Initiating Workflow
Lynchy
Is there any reason that I can not allow a specific author to initiate a workflow from the File-->New Job Option? Here is my code from available_templates.cfg:
<template_file name=Test_Email' path='default/test_email.wft'>
<command_list>
<command include='yes' value='new_job' />
<command value='all' include='no' />
</command_list>
<role_list>
<role value='author' include='yes' allusers='yes'/>
</role_list>
<user_list>
<user value='wfauth' include='yes' />
<user value='all' include='no' />
</user_list>
</template_file>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mogoo
More details, what exactly is your problem?
Lynchy
New Job is not showing up in the file menu. But if I change roles to editor it works fine. Just wondering if there was anything preventing me from having an author initiate a workflow.
mogoo
Ah... OOTB, teamsite does not display File-->New Job to Authors. I don't really understand why, I think it would provide good functionality. You have to put New Job in as a custom menu item to get it to show up for Authors.
In v5.0, I was able to see New Job as an Author when I went to the ToDo list... it doesn't seem to be there anymore for v5.5.
Anyway, hope that explains things!
maureen
Lynchy
If I add New Job to iw.cfg as a custom menu item.... Do I need to write a new perl script to call? I believe that what I will want to run is the available_templates.ipl script but I don't believe I can run that from a custom menu item in it's current location??? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer here.
Migrateduser
I am not sure, but maybe try iwnewjob.cgi as the CMI.
Lynchy
Calling iwnewjob.cgi did it. Thanks john.