Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Create table with dynamic columns
apderosso
<p>I have a dataset, from a JDBC source, that returns one column. The column contains values in a comma delimited list. I'm trying to create a table from the comma delimited values. Each row in the dataset will have the same amount of values in each comma delimited list. However, this dataset is used multiple times as a sub-query based on a value of the table it's in. The issue is that the amount of values in the comma delimited lists can vary depending on which table row the sub-query is in.</p><p> </p><p>The data is like this:</p><p> </p><p>1,2,3,4,5</p><p>a,b,c,d,e</p><p> </p><p>(but I don't know how many values will be in the list)</p><p> </p><p>and I want the data in a table (in this case 2 rows, 5 columns).</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>How do I create a table with a dynamic amount of columns? I'm assuming I'm going to have to do some scripting somewhere, but I'm not sure where or what that would look like. Anyone have an idea?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>One idea is to parse that list into an array then you could build out a dynamic HTML table using the text item.</p><p> </p><p>Edit:</p><p>I ran across <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1099-add-column-to-table-dynamically/'>this
devshare</a> that show's how to add columns to a table dynamically.</p>