<p>This is a very simple requirement, yet need so much effort to extract out the minutes.
I tested out and, and find the issue is it sums up the minutes individually, instead of getting
(a) total time in seconds, TotalTimeSec = 43577sec = 12 hr 6min – this 6min is SO SO difficult to get out.
(

total time in hours, TotalTimeHr = TotalTimeSec/3600 = 43577/3600 = 12hr --- this is OK to get
(c) total time in minutes = TotalTimeMin = TotalTimeSec/60 = 726min
(d) total time in minutes that need to minus off from hour taken = TotalTimeMinFromHours= 12*60=720min
(e) Correct time in minutes = TotalTimeMinFinal = TotalTimeMin – TotalTimeMinFromHours = 726 – 720 = 6min.
If I use this to get the minutes,
minutes = Math.floor(BirtMath.mod((dataSetRow["TIME_TEST"]+dataSetRow["TIME_STEP"]),3600) / 60)
It would give 65min, which is wrong!!
Because 34191 sec = 9 hr 29min
9386 sec = 2 hr 36min
Hence, it adds up individual minutes to be 29+36=65min, which is wrong.
See attached files.
Please advice how to extract out the minutes to be 6min.
I consulted some BIRT expert, he mentioned:
You can just create a new text item that will do [aggregate3]-[aggregate4]. Your formula is in such that it does the calculation row by row and sum them up.
But I need to find the time for different SystemType, as attached, and cannot just create a new text for that:
A new text would not be able to Aggregate On the Group SystemType.
Please advice.</p><p> </p><p>Please see this link for the attached file.</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://postimg.org/image/qplj4n4l3/'>http://postimg.org/image/qplj4n4l3/</a></p>