Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Help! I get this error while running a report - org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineExcepti
rveeraraghav
<p>Hi,</p><p> This report worked fine when we had Birt 2.3.2. Upgrading it to 3.7.2, I get the following exception on SOME images. </p><p>org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: can not create the content for image item...</p><p> </p><p>Caused by </p><p>Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: can not create the content for image item
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ImageItemExecutor.doCreateContent(ImageItemExecutor.java:40) ...</p><p> </p><p>When I see the code </p><div>protected IContent doCreateContent( )</div><div>{</div><div>throw new IllegalStateException(</div><div>"can not create the content for image item" );</div><div>}</div><div> </div><div>So, clearly it throws an unconditional exception as it has gone down this path.</div><div> </div><div>The report has 5 nested groups. The images are rendered fine the first group, then I get this exception. </div><div> </div><div>Please, what can I do at this time?</div><div> </div><div>Thanks a lot,</div><div> Ravi</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Are the imaged embedded? Could you try and remove the image from the report and it back in to see if this gets rid of the error or produces another one?</p>
rveeraraghav
<p>Hi Kristopher,</p><p> Yes, the images are embedded. I did find something interesting. Our report written under Birt 2.3.2 had code to take care of a sorting issue in Birt ( I think ). In Birt 2.6, sorting was enhanced and I believe the issue addressed. So now when running under 3.7.2, the previously coded 'fix' ended up breaking the report as it created blank rows which had images and which had conditional visibility statements. So, long story, I addressed the issue by modifying the report( no blank rows get created ) and now our report works fine.</p><p>Thanks,</p><p> Ravi</p>
kclark
<p>Glad it's working for you now! Let us know whenever you've got questions
</p>