Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page Sequence in Birt
jhoogend
<p>I found a Birt Functional design (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/ref/ROM_Page_Setup_SPEC.pdf'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/ref/ROM_Page_Setup_SPEC.pdf</a>)
describing page sequences structures allowing to specify different master pages for Odd en Even pages. This is exactly what I need. Is this already implemented in Birt? If so in which version? If not are there any plans to realise this? Or is there any plugin that I can use? </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>yes is implemented.</p><p>BIRT commercial has the same base than BIRT OS, so what you have in BIRT OS, you have it in BIRT commercial (=BRDPro).</p><p> </p><p>BTW, switching master page is very easy. The only thing is that it is not supported when you export your report in Word.</p><p>Microsoft Word support different orientation but only one masterpage.</p>
jhoogend
<p>Can you explain how it can be used? How can I define the layout for an ODD page and for an EVEN page? </p><p> </p><p>I am aware that you can switch masterpages. However that is not the issue. The issue is that when you have multipage output that one can define upfront a different lay-out for the even pages and for the odd pages. Because up front you don't know exactly where the even page will start so a switch on the pagebreak to anaother layout is in that case not possible. </p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi again,</p><p> </p><p>apologize, switching masterpage on page event is NOT possible.</p><p> </p><p>I tried different thing using the onPageStart and onPageEnd event, but after several tests and researchs, the only way to define dynamicaly the masterpage is/seems to be the <strong>BeforeFactory </strong>event ; it means before you have any data in the different element of your report.</p><p> </p><p>Sorry for that</p>