Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Avoid Group in Crosstab
severinmueller
<p>Hello Community</p><p> </p><p>I am trying to create a report listing all the installations horizontally and the necessary data vertically. I have three groups on the left side (main category, category, function) and the data for each installation should be listed below the installation. </p><p> </p><p>The attached screenshot will give you an idea of what I mean. The purpose of this report is to display the products with the same function on the same row.</p><p>My question is:</p><p> </p><p>In the third column from the left (function), the data seems to be grouped. I need to resolve this group, so each entry is displayed regardless of whether it appears multiple times.</p><p> </p><p>Everything else works perfectly fine, so is there a way I can have every function_name displayed even if there are muptiple entries?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks a lot.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Kind regards</p><p> </p><p>Severin</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
<p>Add a computed column to your dataset, choose runningcount as the aggregation.</p><p>Make it a dimension in your data cube and it to the left side dimensions of the crosstab.</p><p>Finally make the new row dimension invisible by setting the width to zero.</p><p> </p><p>That should do the trick</p>
severinmueller
<p>Hello</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for the reply, it tried this right away.</p><p> </p><p>The problem now is the link between the respective rows.</p><p> </p><p>Before the running count, products with the same label were displayed on the same row, because they had the same function.</p><p> </p><p>Let me try to explain:</p><p> </p><p>Please take a look at the screenshot. You will see 4 "Blocks" (The colored ones, called T-DELPONTE, BLACK-PEARL, etc).</p><p> </p><p>Each of those blocks has 4 columns, Product Brand, Product Type, Product Label and Serial Number.</p><p> </p><p>The purpose of the report is to compare those Blocks that have the same product brand and product type.</p><p> </p><p>//CORRECTION: I need to display the data with the same function_name.</p><p> </p><p>The problem is, that the same function name can occur multiple times, becasue e.g. I have three products with the same function.</p><p> </p><p>I need each of those productis listed regardless of whether the function is the same.</p><p> </p><p>// END CORRECTION</p><p> </p><p>Since the amount of blocks is dynamic (could be 2, could be 20) I think I need to do this in a cross tab.</p><p> </p><p>Any hints?</p>
Hans_vd
<p>I see.</p><p>I should have read your question more carefully.</p><p> </p><p>Forget the runningcount.</p><p> </p><p>Don't you have a "product ID" or something or some other attribute that makes the "Product Label" unique? So you can add that to the product dimension?</p>
severinmueller
<p>Not your fault, I actually this might help
</p><p> </p><p>I have the FUNCTION_ID that is unique.</p><p> </p><p>The problem is, as i stated, that this is automatically being grouped. I would like to avoid that.</p>
severinmueller
<p>Anyone?</p><p> </p><p>May a more simple explanation of what I'm trying to do here. I need a table that displays</p><p>- the Main Category, Product Category and Product Function on the left side,</p><p>- followed by "Label, Product Brand, Product Type, Serial Number" </p><p>- for each installation.</p><p>- If an installation has e.g. 5 functions, all should be displayed.</p><p>- Installations that have the same function should display their function on the same row regardless of the product type or label</p><p> </p><p>I have attached an excel Sheet with the expected result.</p><p>maybe the crosstab is not the right selection? Any Input would be appreciated.</p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p><p>Severin</p>