Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Setting multi Parameters from 1 data set
rmalcolm
<p>In my report it runs a query to produce a list of values. When I select the value from this list it is essentially select the row with the matching value. I want to set more than one parameter uses the values from the same row.</p><p> </p><p>For example if the Data set returns</p><p> </p><p>ID Surname DateOfBirth</p><p>1 Smith 20000822</p><p>2 Jones 19800614</p><p>3 Brown 19600221</p><p>4 White 19721116</p><p> </p><p>and I select the Surname Jones. This will set 1 parameter SurnameParam, with 'Jones' but I'd like to also set another parameter DOBparam with the DateOfBirth value from the same selected row</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi rmalcom,</p><p> </p><p>why don't you use a subselect in your query</p><p>like</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">select A.* from mytable1 Ainner join (select Surname, DateOfBirth from mytable2 where Surname = ? ) Bon A.Surname = B.Surnameand A.DateOfBirth = B.DateOfBirth</pre><p>where ? is your param</p>