Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT PDF render: fonts register time
marcolopes
<p>We use BIRT since version 2.x (currently using 4.2.2) and have <strong>always</strong> been plagued by the PDF (itext?) fonts register time.</p><p> </p><p><span>org</span><span>.</span><span>eclipse</span><span>.</span><span>birt</span><span>.</span><span>report</span><span>.</span><span>engine</span><span>.</span><span>layout</span><span>.</span><span>pdf</span><span>.</span><span>font</span><span>.</span><span>FontMappingManagerFactory$2</span><span> run<br />
INFO</span><span>:</span><span> </span><strong><span>register</span></strong><span><strong> fonts in</strong> c</span><span>:/</span><span>windows</span><span>/</span><span>fonts [color=#b22222;]cost[/color]</span>[color=#b22222;]<span>:[/color]<strong><span>17803ms</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>This process only occurs the first time the render is used. Subsequent renders are not problematic.</p><p> </p><p>The problem seems to be the time wasted when accessing ALL the system connected DRIVES.</p><p> </p><p>Editing the fontsConfig.xml in <strong>org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.fonts plugin</strong>, reducing the search paths does not resolve the issue. <strong>ALL connected drives are accessed by BIRT</strong>.</p><p> </p><p><span><</span><span>font</span><span>-</span><span>paths</span><span>></span><br />
<span><</span><span>path path</span><span>=</span><span>"/windows/fonts"</span><span> </span><span>/></span><br />
<span></</span><span>font</span><span>-</span><span>paths</span><span>></span></p><p> </p><p>Is this a problem beyond BIRT control (itext)? Or can it be "fixed"?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Was there a question you had associated with this information?
marcolopes
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="126946" data-time="1395954882"><div><p>Was there a question you had associated with this information?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>The question is already on the first post...</p><p> </p><p>Is this a problem beyond BIRT control (itext)? Or can it be "fixed"?</p>
mwilliams
Sorry about that. When I posted yesterday, all that was in the post was the bolded words. It was quite odd. I since found out that I needed to refresh to see the entire post. There has been some site maintenance going on that must be causing some issues with posts showing up properly.
For the problem, I would file a bug in the bugzilla at eclipse.org/birt to see what they have to say about it. Sorry again about the confusion above.
FYI - Attached is what I saw, yesterday.
marcolopes
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="126968" data-time="1396021445"><div><p>For the problem, I would file a bug in the bugzilla at eclipse.org/birt to see what they have to say about it. Sorry again about the confusion above.
</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>Done! <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=431511'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=431511</a></p>
;