Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Spudsoft Excel Emitter changes image sizes
mariaux
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I've been working for a while with BIRT 4.3.0 and I've been using the default emitters to generate some reports with images.</p><p style="margin:0px;"> </p><p style="margin:0px;">The images look fine in all the formats apart from XLSX (e.g PDF, HTML, DOCX, etc). In the XLSX format the images get exported in random sizes, they don't follow the sizes I have set up. </p><p style="margin:0px;"> </p><p style="margin:0px;">In the .rptdesign file each image in a cell is specified like this:</p><p> </p><p><cell id="148"></p><p style="margin:0px;"><image name="Image_X" id="149"></p><p style="margin:0px;"><property name="height">250px</property></p><p style="margin:0px;"><property name="width">400px</property></p><p style="margin:0px;"><property name="source">file</property></p><p style="margin:0px;"><expression name="uri">row["myBindingName"]</expression></p><p style="margin:0px;"></image></p><p style="margin:0px;"></cell></p><p style="margin:0px;"> </p><p style="margin:0px;">row["myBindingName"] always returns a path to an image in the disk.</p><p style="margin:0px;"> </p><p style="margin:0px;">I have installed Birt 4.3.2 today and the error persists. What can I do to make the XLSX emitter follow the image sizes I'm giving?</p><p style="margin:0px;"> </p><p style="margin:0px;">Thanks in advance,</p><p style="margin:0px;"> </p><p style="margin:0px;">Maria</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You can log a bug for this in the bugzilla on eclipse.org/birt or you can go to the spudsoft project site and log it there:
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/wiki/Home'>https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/wiki/Home</a>
;
Logging it with Jim directly on BitBucket is probably the better option. Both would be best, probably.
If you're interested in a high quality XLSX output, you might look into <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.actuate.com/products/birt-designers/birt-designer-pro/'>BIRT
Designer Pro</a>. It has the ability to do live charts, Excel functions, and pivot tables. There is a trial available on the download page. It might be worth a look.
Hope this helps.