Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Link to a Word / pdf document from a BIRT report
Nancy Stanger
<p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]I have designed a number of simple BIRT reports but I need some help. I am using Eclipse Platform Version 3.6.2. Our BIRT programs are executed on an iServer.[/font]</span></p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]I am creating a report that shows data rows for validation errors on our data base. Each error has a 4 digit code and a description that are both maintained in the data base and can be displayed in the BIRT report. However the detailed process for how to correct the error is not maintained in our data base. We have a document that has detailed instructions for the application user of how to correct each of these errors. This document is updated as required by the Business Analyst and is currently maintained in MS Word. I would like to upload a copy of this document (in pdf format or html format) to the iServer and then link to bookmarks in this document based on the 4 digit error code. Can you please tell me how I can set up this document and link to it from the BIRT report.[/font]</span></p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]I have attached a sample BIRT report output with link showing to ‘correction details’ and a sample Word document with text that shows how to correct this error. This Word document would have images and detail instructions the for application user to make corrections to the data. [/font]</span></p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Thank you for your help,[/font]</span></p><p><span style="font-size:medium;">[font="calibri;"]Nancy[/font]</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Put the document on the iServer and have a hyperlink in the report where the URL is :</p><p> </p><p>/iportal/servlet/DownloadFile?name=docname.PDF</p><p> </p><p>The iServer will take care of the rest.</p>
Nancy Stanger
<p>Thanks, for your response. I am still not sure how to accomplish this. I am working in BIRT Designer Professional and trying to get this work in a small test program. I am not sure where to paste the link that you provided. I have attached the screenshots of what I am trying to do, the sample BIRT report and a sample pdf document. Perhaps you can see from this where I am going wrong.</p><p> </p>
micajblock
<p>It will not work in the designer as the path will not work. It will only work on the iServer. You need to set the hyperlink as in the image below. Make sure the path is the one that is on the iServer.</p>