Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Does the BIRT Report Viewer save the state anywhere?
mkdz
<p>What I'm trying to do is if I have two people run a report, I don't want the second person to have to go through all the report processing again. I want the second person to be able to pull up the report right away. </p><p> </p><p>If I run the report with a "&__format=pdf" option, is the pdf saved in a temp location on the server somewhere? If so, where? If not, how would I go about modifying the the Web Viewer to have it do this? Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could do several things here. You could write your own script within the report to save the output as a pdf when executed, then have a script in your application that checks to see if that file already exists when someone else goes to run it. Alternatively, you could write a java class to run all of your reports or manually run them all and just point your users to the output files. You could pre-process all your reports into .rptdocuments each day and then just render them from that document. This would remove much of the processing time because run phase would be completed. Another option would be to use the iHub which has scheduling that can be done, to easily do all the pre-runs for you, then you'd only need to link to output documents.
Hope this helps.