Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to make Data sets for UML Model
HaroonMahmood
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I am quite new to BIRT and having some Problems in making new data sets for UML Model. </p><p> </p><p>1. I am not getting the point how to set the <strong>query parameters</strong>.</p><p>2. In Row mapping page i can't understand how to write the <strong>Row Query Expression</strong> and which type to select.</p><p> </p><p>I have a complete UML model (that i did not made) but i have to generate report for the model.</p><p> </p><p>Can someone help me in this regard. I will be very thankful to you.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Best Regards</p><p> </p><p>Haroon</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I don't have a UML model to test on but you'd had parameters to your query by using ? Using SQL it'd look something like</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">select *from customerswhere customernumber = ?</pre><p>Then in the parameters section of the data set UI you can either hard code a value in the parameter that was created or point it at some parameter that was created in the data explorer. Let me know if this helps.</p>