Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Formating excel cell as Text to geenrate BIRT xls report with more than 15 digits in a column
gsateesh
<p>Hi All,</p><p>I am having problem in displaying column values in excel report. In my table, each row for a particular column is having digits more than 15 and upto 30. When I generate excel report, excel is adding 0's after 15digits. I tried by adding apstophy(') before the number then its showing entire text but with apstophy which is not looking good (Customer doesn't like this). Can any body help me with a work around?. Thanks in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi, </p><p> </p><p>instead of using a simple binding, use a dynamic text field</p><p>See example</p>
gsateesh
<p>Hi,</p><p>I have tried this option also but initially the generated excel report is showing entire number( even if it is having more than 15 digits) as a text. But when I click on the cell, excel is treating that as number stored as text and it is formatting as number by appending leading zeros. </p>
GLO_FR
<p>Which version of BIRT are you using ? </p>
gsateesh
<p>Hi,</p><p>I am using BIRT 4.3.</p>
GLO_FR
<p>I've made different try but I didn't get it works like you want.</p><p>The only way I found is to generate the output field as string, but you're right, when you convert text to number in Excel, it always put 0 after 15 digits.</p>