Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Header Size
bgall117
<p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]I have an image that is dynamic in the Master Page header. Is there a way to make the header resize depending on the height of the contents? Some of the images are shorter than others. If I have a static height either the large image gets chopped or the shorter image has extra white space.[/color]</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Easier to resize the image. If you set the image height to the height of header and set the width to nothing the image will resize proportional based on the height.</p>
bgall117
<p>That is what we are currently doing, but we want to get away from that. Some dealers have smaller logos that we want to keep that way. We only want to change the height when it is larger than the header height.</p>
micajblock
<p>Very tricky with master page. As the order of events complicates things by the time you know the size of the image it is probably to late to resize the header. You are better of putting this in a table header. This will automatically resize based on the size of the image.</p>
bgall117
<p>Thanks. I found a link with an example of how to resize an image. It says to stick the example in the onPrepare, but the width and height of the image are null when I try to use it. They were also null when I tried to move it to the onCreate and onRender. Is there no way of then knowing the image size when on the master page? Putting this in a table header is a possible way to go, but I would have some issues with this as well. There is a section that only appears on the first page while there is another table that can span multiple pages. Is there a way to handle this or to even add the image to the layout and always repeat at the top of each page outside of the master page?</p>
micajblock
<p>Without knowing how you are getting the dynamic images I am not sure how to help. As far as putting the image in a table header try put all you content inside another dummy table with one row (for your content) and a table header for your image. </p>
bgall117
<p>Thanks. I put everything in a dummy table and that seems to work. There is a small issue I am encountering on my one report design with this. I have 2 tables in my design. Each table has a row with images. Before I made any changes there were no issues, but now I have added a 2 row grid with the tables in the grid to go in the dummy table row. When the first table has a record, but the second table doesn't, an extra blank page is printed. If I flip the tables with the opposite scenario everything is fine, but I need to keep the tables in the current order. Any suggestions?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p>
micajblock
<p>Do you have a page break = true on the second table?</p>
bgall117
<p>I was able to take care of it. Thanks for all of your help.</p>
micajblock
<p>You're welcome</p>