Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Viewer ToolKit frameset does not work
billclary
<p>I have installed the BIRT Viewer ToolKit on Windows TomCat 6.</p><p> The run command works fine, but when I try the frameset command to get the tool bar nothing loads I just get a blank page.</p><p> </p><p>This works: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='/newBIRTviewertoolkit/run?__report=test.rptdesign'>
http://$ourserver$/newBIRTviewertoolkit/run?__report=test.rptdesign</a></p><p> </p><p>This
does not: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='/newBIRTviewertoolkit/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign'>
http://$ourserver$/newBIRTviewertoolkit/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign</a></p><p> </p><p>Bill
Clary</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
aoweis
<p>I'm having the exact same issue although I literally followed all the installation steps.</p><p> </p><p>The catalina log file on Tomcat includes some errors (see attached file).</p><p> </p><p>Would appreciate any help.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p>
billclary
<p>The blank screen when using frameset returns this error.</p><p> </p><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34);margin-left:24px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);">[color=#FF0000;font-family:Consolas, 'Lucida Console', monospace;font-size:12px;]<span>Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)[/color] </span></div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34);margin-left:24px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);">[color=#FF0000;font-family:Consolas, 'Lucida Console', monospace;font-size:12px;]<span>Uncaught ReferenceError: actuate is not defined[/color] </span></div>
mwilliams
<p>Can someone tell me what their environment is? Java version, OS, App server, browsers used, etc? Once I get that, I'll take a look.</p>
Virgil Dodson
<p>I can replicate this same problem with Windows 7, JDK 1.7, and Tomcat 6.0.37. The same version of BIRT Viewer Toolkit works just fine on Tomcat 7 so if you can upgrade to a newer Tomcat that could solve the issue right away. Otherwise, I am working to get my version of BVT to work with Tomcat 6 and will report my progress to the thread.</p>
billclary
<p>Ok I am using Win server 2003, JDK 1.7, and have moved from Tomcat 6 to Tomcat 7 and it now works fine.</p><p>So it looks like it was an issue with Tomcat 6.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you.</p><p> </p><p>Bill Clary</p>
krete
<p>Super thank!!!</p>
kclark@psgc-llc.com
<div>Good Morning!</div><div> </div><div>Have been working with BIRT Eclipse for about a year, but only in the developer tool. I now want to share reports using the BIRT Viewer Toolkit</div><div> </div><div>I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that I installed Tomcat 8.0.9 on. I was able to successfully reach the Welcome screen.</div><div> </div><div>I then installed the WL_TOMCAT_ActuateBIRTViewer.WAR file (no config changes that I saw needed to be changed) by shutting down Tomcat, copying the war file to the webapps directory and restarting Tomcat.</div><div> </div><div>I can successfully get to the report Toolkit Welcome page, but when I click on either of the two sample links, I get a java.lang.NullPointerException</div><div> </div><div>In the Catalina log, there are two lines:</div><div>01-Jul-2014 08:04:25.894 WARNING [http-nio-8080-exec-6] com.actuate.iportal.VolumeProfileManager.setupProfile Exception: filePath=null message:null</div><div>01-Jul-2014 08:04:25.894 WARNING [http-nio-8080-exec-6] com.actuate.iportal.VolumeProfileManager.<init> default volume profile is not set in null</div><div> </div><div>Is there any other information that you need to help?</div><div> </div><div>I am looking into the javascript API. I am not finding any specific place it tells me to install, but I ma not sure it actually is installed.</div><div> </div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Keith</div>
Clement Wong
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark@psgc-llc.com" data-cid="129066" data-time="1404220441">
<div>
<p> </p>
<div>Good Morning!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Have been working with BIRT Eclipse for about a year, but only in the developer tool. I now want to share reports using the BIRT Viewer Toolkit</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that I installed Tomcat 8.0.9 on. I was able to successfully reach the Welcome screen.</div>
<div> </div>
<p>,,,</p>
<p> </p>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Keith</div>
<p> </p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Keith,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please try using the latest version of Tomat 7 instead of Tomcat 8.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There might be a conflict with the first released stable version of Tomcat 8, and we will need to take a look at replicating this setup and seeing if there is an issue.</p>