<p>Hi, I need to get the rows inside a dataset and pass it on a variable so I can use it as parameter. When I say variable, it is the "Report / Page Variable" found under data explorer and nto some var definition.</p><p> </p><p>I was able to get the dataset through column binding by following isntruction <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/488462/'>here</a>.</p><p> </p><p>summary for the link above:</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]follow the steps i given below:-[/color]<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]On dataSet event drop down choose beforeOpen and paste the following script[/color]<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]givenNames = new java.util.ArrayList();[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]familyName = new java.util.ArrayList();[/color]<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]And[/color]<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]choose OnFetch and paste the following script[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]givenNames.add(row["GivenNames"]);[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]familyName.add(row["FamilyName"]);[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("givenNames", givenNames);[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("familyName", familyName);[/color]<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]Go to layout -> drag and drop the data palette -> in expression paste this script[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]var str = "";[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]for (i = 0; i < givenNames.size(); i++) {[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]str = str + givenNames
+" " + familyName;[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]if ((i+1) < givenNames.size()) {[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]str = str + " and ";[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]}[/color]<br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]}<span> [/color]</span><br />
<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:left;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);]str[/color]</p><p> </p><p>the data is bound to the dataset</p><p> </p><p>but my problem is I can't get to pass it on my report variable. I tried every possible way but none worked. It always is null.</p><p> </p><p>I tried it in oncreate on my table, table row (where the dataset is bound). I also tried it on the oncreate, render and all events on the column binding above. I also tried it in the initialize event and all event of the report itself. Pls help me. How can I get the dataset rows so I can pass it in a variable called vars[oficeIdlist], so I can use it in my datasource property binding that should look like this:</p><p> </p><p><strong><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://localhost:8081/service/getAllDataUsingParameter?customerId'>http://localhost:8081/service/getAllDataUsingParameter?customerId</a>" + params["customer"].value + "&officeList=" + [color=#ff0000;] vars["officeIdList"][/color]</strong> thanks</p>