Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
conditional parameter
birtUser123
<p>Hi I can't find a way how to modify the isrequired proeprty of a paramater. Is this possible by script?
I have 2 parameters which are: isClientPaid (check box) and Client (dropdown). The client wants to have the Client dropdown to be required only IF the isClientPaid is unchecked. I successfully did this by modifying tge "validate" script</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">var isCLientPay = params["isCLientPaid"].valueif (isCLientPay==true) falseelse true</pre><p>but problem is the error msg popping up is not like the usual one and is not very user friendly with stack trace, and it doesn't go back to the parameter dialog box. I have read that it can be customized by creating my own parameter page, which is not really in our roadmap. My question is, is there a way using script to modify this?
like if(params["isClientPaid"]==true) params["Client"].isrequiredProperty==false else true somewhere in any of the Client param scrip methods?
Or any work around other than creating custom param page?
thanks.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
birtUser123
<p>anyone? why does validate not working when the parameter being validated is required? It still asks for the required field even if I set validate to true</p>
kclark
<p>I think you'd need to create a custom parameter page to do this because the parameters are loaded before anything in the report. Can you use a custom parameter page for your report?</p>