Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Updating the master page based on grouping
jballnik
<p>Hey Gang,</p><p> </p><p>I have a footer on a report and I want a data label on there to display the current group that is on the page. So if I have a report that groups by WORKTYPE and there are 5 displayed values throughout the report I want the footer to display that specific worktype. The data label would be on the master page.</p><p> </p><p>Is this possible??</p><p> </p><p>John</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Have you tried using page variables?</p>
jballnik
<p>No...I didn't know there was such a thing. Would you be able to provide an example?</p>
micajblock
<p>What version of Maximo are you using? Version of BIRT?</p>
jballnik
<p>We are using Maximo 7.5.0.4 so BIRT 3.7.1</p>
micajblock
<p>
jballnik
<p>It almost works, but it sets the PageVariable one value behind. So let's say, there are four group values, A, B, C, and D. At the bottom of the page for group 1, it doesn't display anything, but then when it gets to group 2, A appears at the bottom. When I get to the third group, B appears at the bottom. Can't figure out why.</p><p> </p><p>Make sense?</p>
micajblock
<p>Yes, but not sure. Without an example I can play with it would be hard for me to figure out what is wrong.</p>
jballnik
<p>The one you sent me did the same thing. Does it not do it in your environment?</p>
micajblock
<p>Sorry, forgot about that. Let me look at it.</p>
micajblock
<p>My example works fine for me. However my example uses the master page. How are you displaying the footer? Also, how are you viewing the report?</p><p> </p><p>Attached is a PDF of the report. The green items at the bottom of the page are page variables.</p>
jballnik
<p>Ah...can you send me the report that you used to display that at the footer? That looks to be working. The first example you sent has the variable printing in the header and it appears to be off</p>
micajblock
<p>It does not matter if it is in the header or footer. See attached design.</p>
jballnik
<p>When I run the report, the footer and header are still off. I want to send you the PDF, but I don't see an option to attach files here. Can I email it to you?</p>
micajblock
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jballnik" data-cid="127403" data-time="1397584197"><div><p>I want to send you the PDF, but I don't see an option to attach files here.</p></div></blockquote><p>Click on the 'More Reply Options' to upload a file.</p>
jballnik
<p>Great...please find attached</p>
micajblock
<p>Is this in the designer? </p>
jballnik
<p>Yes...I generate the PDF from the designer</p>
micajblock
<p>using this option?</p>
jballnik
<p>yes sir</p>
micajblock
<p>very weird. and just to make sure this is the same report i sent, right?</p><p> </p><p>I am running 3.7.2 (not 3.7.1). I could download that version to check but it might take some time. </p><p> </p><p>One more think to try. Try running with the regular viewer and export to PDF. Let me know if that is different.</p>
jballnik
<p>Yep, that was it. I need to run it first and then export it as PDF. Thanks so much for all your help!!!</p>
micajblock
<p>OK now I will explain why. It appears that OS BIRT uses the runandrender task (both run and render are done at the same time). I am using Actuate BIRT which first use the run task and then the render task (which is essentially what you did by separating the two). I am curious as to what Maximo does. Please share what happens once you run your report from within Maximo.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks.</p>