Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Viewer Toolkit - Where to place image files
rspydir
<p>I downloaded the BIRT Viewer Toolkit and deployed the WL_TOMCAT_ActuateBirtViewer to tomcat 7.0.52.</p><p> </p><p>I took a rptdesign that was working in the 4.3.1 viewer and deposited it in WEB-INF/repository</p><div>I put the image file in WebContent/CustomerLogo.jpg</div><div><div>xml snippet for the image definition looks like this</div><div> <expression name="uri" type="constant">CustomerLogo.jpg</expression></div><div> </div></div><p>The report works fine, but an exception is thrown when trying to use relative reference to image file.</p><div><div>WARNING: An error occurred while getting an embedded component in the report. Embedded component /$$$Transient/acfile25.rptdocument ///$$$transient/acfile25.rptdocument;/$$$Transient/acfile25.rptdocument/en_us$$$$CustomerLogo.jpg does not exist.</div><div>com.actuate.reportservice.ActuReportServiceException: An error occurred while getting an embedded component in the report. Embedded component /$$$Transient/acfile25.rptdocument ///$$$transient/acfile25.rptdocument;/$$$Transient/acfile25.rptdocument/en_us$$$$CustomerLogo.jpg does not exist.</div><div> </div><div><div>Caused by: com.actuate.reportapi.enginemanager.JREMException: Embedded component /$$$Transient/acfile31.rptdocument ///$$$transient/acfile31.rptdocument;/$$$Transient/acfile31.rptdocument/en_us$$$$CustomerLogo.jpg does not exist.</div><div> </div></div></div><p>Where does the BIRT Viewer Toolkit want image files?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
It should be in the resources folder.
rspydir
<p>I should have mentioned that I have tried a number of locations including WEB-INF/resources with the same results.</p><p> </p><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">I have tried the following xml snippets for the image definition...</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> <expression name="uri" type="constant">CustomerLogo.jpg</expression></div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> <expression name="uri" type="constant">resources/CustomerLogo.jpg</expression></div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><div style="margin:0px;"> <expression name="uri" type="constant">WebContent/resources/CustomerLogo.jpg</expression></div><div> <expression name="uri" type="constant">repository/CustomerLogo.jpg</expression></div><div><div style="margin:0px;"> <expression name="uri" type="constant">repository/images/CustomerLogo.jpg</expression></div><div> </div></div></div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Embedded images work, but some images I need to pull from files</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Can you post a quick and easy report for tomcat that demonstrates this capability?</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Thanks</div>
mwilliams
I don't see an issue with it. Can you attach a simple design and image that will show me the issue? Maybe we're using different builds. I'll check it out with your sample, when you provide it.
rspydir
<p>I may have found my problem.</p><p> </p><p>I had imported WL_TOMCAT_ActuateBIRTViewer as a web project in eclipse and was constructing the reports in that project in WEB_INF/repository. I was using the image properties dialog to locate the image. It looked OK in the preview, but when I ran the webapp in an eclipse tomcat server, the report could not find the image. This is the environment I was reporting against. (I found out later that if I placed the image in the webapp root, the image would be found)</p><p> </p><p>On the other hand, if the WL_TOMCAT_ActuateBIRTViewer.war is deployed to a tomcat server and the report and image is simply copied (report -> root/WEB_INF/repostory; image -> root/resources) then the report properly displays the image.</p><p> </p><p>So, it would appear that perhaps I don't quite have WL_TOMCAT_ActuateBIRTViewer setup correctly in eclipse.</p><p> </p><p>For now, I can work around the problem now that I know how to deal with it.</p>
mwilliams
Great. Glad you figured something out. Let me know if you run into further issues.