Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can I set a background image dynamically with BLOBs as datasource?
rdu
<p>Hello everyone,</p><p> </p><p>I have recently integrated BIRT 4.3.1 in our application (with RE API) and gained some beginner experience regarding designing a report with the report designer. There is one thing remaining that I was not able to do:</p><p> </p><p>For my report I need to use a different background image regarding which user runs the report from within my application. The background images are stored as BLOB fields in a database. Now, I saw that I have two options as a data source: embedded and URL. Unfortunately that is not enough for my BLOB images I guess, at least I don't know if I can somehow combine my BLOBs with this URL type.</p><p>A normal image element (not a background image) has the possibility of a 'Dynamic image' where I can enter a dynamic image expression and select the BLOB field. I would need something similar for my background images.</p><p>Is there a way to accomplish this? Or is possible to add an image element to the report and set the image area to the full page size without destroying the structure of the actual report elements (so effectively use it as background)?</p><p> </p><p>Greetings,</p><p>René</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet