Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Getting multiple copies of report on PDF Print
cjm13905
<p>We have BIRT 3.7.1 and use it with Maximo.</p><p> </p><p>We select the Birt report in Maximo, and generate it. The report has 9 pages with no duplicates, as it should.</p><p> </p><p>We press the print report icon and select PDF.</p><p>It now generate 56 pages, and multiple copies of the report. We only want one copy.</p><p>This isn't happening for all of our BIRT reports, but is happening to a few.</p><p> </p><p>Is there a setting somewhere to correct this ?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Not enough information. What is different in the reports that work correctly and those that do not.</p>
cjm13905
<p>The two reports are vastly different. I just wanted to check to see if this problem occurred on every single report.</p><p>Since it does not, and only happens on a few (I've found 2 so far) then I am assuming there is something in the report that</p><p>is causing the issue.</p>
micajblock
<p>The only hint I can give you is that I think Maximo generates the report a second time. Also maybe you have sections that have visibility on PDF. maybe attachments.</p>
wwilliams
<p>Are these out of the box reports? If so which ones are they, if not post one and I can try it.</p>
cjm13905
<p>It is not out of the box, it is a local report</p><p>see attachment .</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for the help</p>
cjm13905
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cjm13905" data-cid="127078" data-time="1396384584"><div><p>It is not out of the box, it is a local report</p><p>see attachment .</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for the help</p></div></blockquote><p>I think I have found the problem.</p><p> </p><p>The main dataset has a select distinct, and it is returning 4 nearly identical rows, only 1 field is different the main field being work order number.</p><p>In the report, there is a group by work order number, so it is combining the 4 into 1 in the report, but I think the PDF print is printing all 4.</p><p>Need to experiment.</p>