Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Handle null with aggregate totals
cjm13905
<p>We use BIRT 3.7.1 with maximo.</p><p> </p><p>We have had limited training and do simple reports.</p><p>We have a report where we list all material costs in a table, all labor costs in a table and all service costs in a table.</p><p> </p><p>At the bottom of the report we want to get the budget amount and subtract these 3 costs.</p><p>We added variables to capture the totals of material, labor and service.</p><p>When we run in BIRT it works okay. When we import it into Maximo it fails and errors.</p><p> </p><p>We did some investigation, and we think the problem is when one of the tables (i.e service costs) returns zero records.</p><p> </p><p>We tried to initialize all the variable total fields to 0.</p><p>In the final calculation we tried to check if the field is null .</p><p> </p><p>We are new to any type of scripting, so if anyone can provide examples it is much appreciated.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I don't have too much maximo experience but why aren't you using an aggregation item in the footer of the table instead of scripting and using that variable. Once you use an aggregation item you can call it later in the expression builder to perform more calculations.</p>
cjm13905
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="127013" data-time="1396278627"><div><p>I don't have too much maximo experience but why aren't you using an aggregation item in the footer of the table instead of scripting and using that variable. Once you use an aggregation item you can call it later in the expression builder to perform more calculations.</p></div></blockquote><p>Our report has multiple tables. Main, actual labor, actual material, and actual services, to name a few.</p><p>Each table has an agregate sum value.</p><p>If I go the the final table footer, and add an agregate, I can only find and use fields from the main table.</p><p>I cannot find and use fields from the actual labor, actual material or actual services, which is what I am trying to do.</p>
kclark
<p>How are the tables laid out? You could store the values of the aggregations in a PGV and bring those into the footer that way. If you can tell me more about the layout I'll try and create something on my end and post it.</p>