Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Custom page breaks in report
rnyholm
<p>Hi there,</p><p> </p><p>I have created a fairly complex report and it looks fine except that the page breaks messes things up. I know that I am able to set were I preferably would like to have my page breaks but that is'nt as exact as want them to be. Is there a way to set page breaks depending on some parameter?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you attach the rptdesign? Where do you want to place the page breaks?</p>
rnyholm
<p>I don't have the template right now but I'll trie to explain it a bit better.
I would like to place a page break depending on if all content fits on the page else split content. For now I Can choose between always splitting content or always page break before my content, and that works fine, mostly, but sometimes the content deosnt fit and a page break is added. This results in leaving a page which is mostly empty. I would like to figure aout if the content is going to fit on the page, if it does then split after content else split in content, is this possible?</p>
kclark
<p>You could try setting your layout to auto and page break on the height. Try out <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1276-page-break-on-height'>this
devshare</a>.</p>
rnyholm
<p>Thank you so much for the help. The devshare you submitted helped me to solve my problem, now the page breaks work as intended.</p><p>Thanks again!</p>