Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT - how to expand report
dchan08
<p>Hi</p><p> </p><p>I am trying to modify an existing CHANGE BIRT report from BMC ITSM application... but I have a problem expanding the length of the report. </p><p> </p><p>When I expand the length of the report and SAVEe... but as soon as I "RUN- View Report - In Web Viewer"... I get the generic msg:</p><p> </p><p> </p> <p><span><strong>org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report</strong></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Is there a property setting that allow me to successfully expand the length of the report</p><p> </p><p>dave</p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you provide the steps your taking to convert this and provide a rptdesign or your code for me to look at?</p>
dchan08
<p>Hi Kristopher</p><p> </p><p>It's hard to describe without showing a screenshot.. but I will try.</p><p> </p><p>To start, it is one of BMC Remedy "out of the box" report.... in which I need to expand to add a couple fields/sections.</p><p>- open report</p><p>- go to the bottom of the report</p><p>- find the 2nd last line/box on the report (which is the over main GRID which has GRIBS & TABLES)</p><p>- click on the 2nd last (GRID) and drag is a couple centimeters </p><p>- save report</p><p>- Run in WEB VIEW</p><p>- get error message...</p><div><strong class='bbc'><span>org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report</span></strong></div><p> </p><p>- go back to report</p><p>- undo changes, save report (back to out of the box version)</p><p>- Run in WEB VIEW</p><p>- report displays fine</p><p> </p><p>I can add another ROW or TABLE into this GRID... but in order to see the full ROW or TABLE.. I need to expand or lengthen the GRID size. I already have another similar report that I have modified. I've tried comparing (eye-ball) the PROPERTIES values... but there is many differences and I don't know which one to modify/</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>dave</p>
kclark
<p>Have you checked the logs to see if there is a more specific error message? </p>