Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating an aggregate in a grouped child table
knparker
<p>Has anyone created a report that sums a data element inside of a child grouped table? </p><p> </p><p>BIRT 371 for MAXIMO</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Are you getting an error?</p>
knparker
<p>Invalid bound column name:</p>
micajblock
<p>Are you trying to aggregate data from the outer table? Look at the bindings of the child table.</p>
knparker
<p>I'm really not sure how to do it. I have a grouped table inside of a grouped header row. I want the values specific to the Main grouped table in the child table. I need a sum of the hours per laborcode by premiumpaycode.</p>
knparker
<div>Site: CMD</div><div style="text-align:right;">From: </div><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;">thru</div><p> </p><div>[color=rgb(255,140,0);]Labor: 015544 DAVID GUTIERREZ[/color]</div><div style="text-align:left;">Craft: CARPEN</div><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;">[color=rgb(255,165,0);]Reason for repair null null Total hours: 0[/color]</div><div><div> </div></div><p>[color=rgb(255,165,0);] [/color]</p><div style="text-align:right;">[color=rgb(255,165,0);]Reason for repair CALLBACK Call IN Total hours: 8[/color]</div><div><div> </div></div><p> </p><div>[color=rgb(128,0,128);]Location: 10110 FIRE STATION 096[/color]</div><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;">[color=rgb(128,0,128);]Reason for repair CALLBACK Call IN Total hours: 0[/color]</div><p> </p><div>Failure Class: CARPENTR</div><div>Reason for Repair</div><div>Description</div><div>Hours Worked</div><div style="text-align:center;">Problem Code</div><div>Description</div><p> </p><div style="text-align:left;">CALLBACK</div><div style="text-align:left;">Call IN</div><div style="text-align:left;">0</div><div style="text-align:center;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><p> </p><div>[color=rgb(128,0,128);]Location: 10419 Apparatus Bay FS065[/color]</div><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;">[color=rgb(128,0,128);]Reason for repair null null Total hours: 0[/color]</div><p>[color=rgb(128,0,128);] [/color]</p><div style="text-align:right;">[color=rgb(128,0,128);]Reason for repair CALLBACK Call IN Total hours[/color]: 8 </div><p> </p><div>Failure Class: CARPENTR</div><div>Reason for Repair</div><div>Description</div><div>Hours Worked</div><div style="text-align:center;">Problem Code</div><div>Description</div><p> </p><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;">0</div><div style="text-align:center;">THERMO</div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><p> </p><div style="text-align:left;">CALLBACK</div><div style="text-align:left;">Call IN</div><div style="text-align:left;">8</div><div style="text-align:center;">THERMO</div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><p> </p><div>[color=rgb(255,165,0);]Labor: 224658 PETER WALLACE[/color]</div><div style="text-align:left;">Craft: CARPEN</div><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;">[color=rgb(255,165,0);]Reason for repair null null Total hours: 6[/color]</div><div><div> </div></div><p>[color=rgb(128,0,128);] [/color]</p><div>[color=rgb(128,0,128);]Location: 14584 Pacoima-Transport Barn - T11/T12 Carpenter Shop Storage[/color]</div><p>[color=rgb(128,0,128);] [/color]</p><div style="text-align:right;">[color=rgb(128,0,128);]Reason for repair null null Total hours: 6[/color]</div><p> </p><div>Failure Class: CARPENTR</div><div>Reason for Repair</div><div>Description</div><div>Hours Worked</div><div style="text-align:center;">Problem Code</div><div>Description</div><p> </p><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;">0</div><div style="text-align:center;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;">4</div><div style="text-align:center;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;">2</div><div style="text-align:center;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><p> </p><div>[color=rgb(255,165,0);]Labor: 290219 STEVEN GWYNN[/color]</div><div style="text-align:left;">Craft: CARPEN</div><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;">[color=rgb(255,165,0);]Reason for repair null null Total hours: 4[/color]</div><div><div> </div></div><p> </p><div>[color=rgb(128,0,128);]Location: 14584 Pacoima-Transport Barn - T11/T12 Carpenter Shop Storage[/color]</div><p>[color=rgb(128,0,128);] [/color]</p><div style="text-align:right;">[color=rgb(128,0,128);]Reason for repair null null Total hours: 4[/color]</div><p> </p><div>Failure Class: CARPENTR</div><div>Reason for Repair</div><div>Description</div><div>Hours Worked</div><div style="text-align:center;">Problem Code</div><div>Description</div><p> </p><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;">4</div><div style="text-align:center;"><div> </div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div> </div></div><p> </p>
knparker
<p>Yes, I have colored each group and the expected output. I can't get the aggregate for the "Reason for repair......"</p><p> </p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="127105" data-time="1396473166"><div><p>Are you trying to aggregate data from the outer table? Look at the bindings of the child table.</p></div></blockquote>
micajblock
<p>Without access to data I really am not sure how I can help. Unfortunately report design is an iterative process. But the big recommendation I can make is - do not use tables in the header. Use a grid instead. I see no reason to nest tables when all you have is one query.</p>