Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Render Taks Fails with NullPointerException / FileNotFoundException
GS@KWE
<p>Hi</p><p>We have integrated Birt Engine 2.6.1 into a Java EAR, deployed on to JBoss.</p><p> </p><p>We generate and render report (as XLS) as two seperate tasks.</p><p> </p><p>The render taks fails some times on some reports with the below two kind exceptions as attached,</p><p> </p><p>We are using uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsEmitter emitter.</p><p> </p><p>Please let me know if this is a known issue?</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>GS</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I've not seen either issue before, but I've also not used the spudsoft emitters in BIRT 2.6.1. Could you attach a Java class that runs a report to xls using this emitter that will show this issue? I'll download the emitter from the bitbucket project and install into 2.6 and do some testing.
You might also look in the bugs at eclipse.org/birt, but being that this is an external plugin for 2.6, I don't know that you'd find anything there unless folks are still seeing this issue in 4.3 when the spudsoft emitters were shipped with BIRT.
GS@KWE
<p>Hi Micheal,</p><p>Thank You for your comments.</p><p> </p><p>I just noted the issue to be related to JBoss Messaging System.</p><p>Our system uses JBoss JMS service to support asynchroneous report generation.</p><p>JMS system was redelivering report generation request exactly after 5 mins, while the first request was still under process.</p><p> </p><p>Two (some times more than 2) threads are stepping over each other to write / Read RPTDocument and final Excel and causing exceptions.</p><p> </p><p>I am still trying to figure our how to stop JBoss from redelivering report generation request while the first MDB is still under processing. JMS is treating the running MDB thread as failed after exactly 5 mins.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Thank You for your inputs.</p><p> </p><p>Regards,
GS</p>