Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Chart Axes issue
sirajm
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;">I have a BIRT report design which has linear chart in it. I want to start X axis and Y axis values from Maximum Number at origin e.g. from 0 to -100. So I went to Edit Chart->Format Chart->X axis->Origin and set it to Max and same for Y axis. But the problem is X-axis is displaying at the top rather than at the bottom side and Y-axis is displaying at right side rather than on left side.</p><p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;">I know is going there because it is third quadrant of the chart but I want to bring it to first quadrant.</p><p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;">How can I bring both the axes in the left and bottom sides?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? I've done something for this before by reversing the actual values and replacing the axis labels. I could make you a simple example.
sirajm
<p>I resolved the issue using the script which is present <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.in/2008/12/birt-reversing-chart-scale.html'>here</a></p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial
, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;]We need to make changes in the script according to our requirement such as type of the chart, name of the series and the scale. The link shows example of scale from 0 to 100. I want to use it for negative values i.e. Max=0 and Min=-100. So I made the changes in the global variable to support it for negative values.[/color]</p>