Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Nested Table filled by Array
Simulant
<p>Hi, I have a problem creating my Report. I am using Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.3.1.</p><p> </p><p>My Datasource is a Collection from a MongoDB using the default driver. One document contains a date and an array of Objects containing an itemname (String) and a counter (Integer). The array has different length for different documents but always containing objects of the same sturcture.</p><p> </p><p>I want to display the Data in a Table, 1 row per MonogDB document. Fist column the date and the second column containing a nested Table for the Data inside the array (itemname and counter).</p><p> </p><p>I don't get it to work to create a scripted Data Source returning the rows for the nested Table i.e. the content of the array as rows.</p><p> </p><p>Could someone please show me how to split up the Array as Data Source so every Array item can be displayed in one row in the nested Table.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>I hope this will put you in the right direction. The below DevShare has a data source that is the parameter array.</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1621-automatically-display-all-parameters'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1621-automatically-display-all-parameters</a></p>
;
tdupouy
<p>Hi,</p><p>did you make it work? I have the same issue and I can't find how to convert this array into rows</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance for your help,</p><p>Best regards,</p>
micajblock
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tdupouy" data-cid="127491" data-time="1398012528"><div><p>Hi,</p><p> I have the same issue and I can't find how to convert this array into rows</p></div></blockquote><p>Did you look at the DevShare?</p>
tdupouy
<p>Yes but sorry I just can't see how to bind my Mongo DataSet to the Parameter Data Set. Following the instructions I just got a table "ParameterName|ParameterValue|DisplayName|..."</p><p> </p><p>In fact I was just looking for a script at the table level, something like:</p><p><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,139);">for</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> </span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;">(</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,139);">var</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> i </span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;">=</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> </span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(128,0,0);">0</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;">;</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> i </span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"><</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> myArrayFromMongo</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;">;</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> i</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;">++)</span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> </span><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;">{</span></p><p><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> row["Name"] = </span>[font="Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, serif;"]myArrayFromMongo
[/font]</p><p>[font="Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, serif;"] row = [/font][font="Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, serif;"]myArrayFromMongo
[/font]</p><p>[font="Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, serif;"]...[/font]</p><p><span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;">}</span></p><p> </p><p>Is it possible or am I totally wrong?</p><p> </p><p>Rgds,</p>
micajblock
<p>I have not played with the MongoDB database. I am not sure how BIRT would use an array of objects in a Data Set.</p>
Simulant
<p>Sorry for not comning back. I did not get a notification about new posts.</p><p>I fixed it in my report with a lot of global consistent variables with the row number in the name for the variable and saving the counter of processed rows also in a variable, because input parameters did not work. I think noone wants to copy this, but it works for me.</p>