Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple Table Display Sequence
hans_gluck
<p>Hello experts, I've been looking for BIRT report help and Google told me this forum is the way to go. Hope the experts here could kindly provide some assistance.</p><p> </p><p>I am making a report that consists of four tables, using 4 data sets, with the structure below:</p><p> </p><p></p><p>[Table 2. Meter reading]</p><p>[Table 3. Safety Check 1</p><p>Safety Check 2</p><p>Safety Check 3</p><p>.</p><p>.</p><p>.</p><p>Safety Check 10]</p><p>[Table 4. Responsible Persons]</p><p> </p><p>So far, if I print a single report, the display is excellent. Everything is neatly placed. However, in case if user selects multiple items to generate the report (3 different "Sites" in the example), the report will be screwed up like this:</p><p>[Site A Table 1.]</p><p>[Site B Table 1.]</p><p>[Site C Table 1.]</p><p>[Site A Table 2.]</p><p>[Site B Table 2.]</p><p>[Site C Table 2.]</p><p>[Site A Table 3.]</p><p>.</p><p>.</p><p>.</p><p>[Site B Table 4.]</p><p>[Site C Table 4.]</p><p>That does not represent a logical order to the users. In other words, I don't want it to group by Tables, they have to be grouped by "Sites". I've been am searching for a method to deal with that, but I don't know the keywords to search on this.</p><p> </p><p>What I really want to achieve is like:</p><p>[Site A Table 1.]</p><p>[Site A Table 2.]</p><p>[Site A Table 3.]</p><p>[Site A Table 4.]</p><p>[Site B Table 1.]</p><p>.</p><p>.</p><p>[Site C Table 3.]</p><p>[Site C Table 4.]</p><p>So that when user prints out the reports, they can distribute the reports to the store managers of different sites.</p><p> </p><p>Would it be the case that I must re-write the SQL into one query? </p><p>Any help would be greatly appreciated.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>if I undertand well, you've want to have your ouput doc ordered by "SiteTable".</p><p> </p><p>You can probably do it with a table element and a group :</p><p>Create a table and group section based on your Site name. If necessary, you can specify a page break on every occurence of the group</p><p>In your detail row, create the different elements you want in your output : content of dataset 1, content of dataset 2...</p>
hans_gluck
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="GLO_FR" data-cid="127283" data-time="1397209206"><div><p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>if I undertand well, you've want to have your ouput doc ordered by "SiteTable".</p><p> </p><p>You can probably do it with a table element and a group :</p><p>Create a table and group section based on your Site name. If necessary, you can specify a page break on every occurence of the group</p><p>In your detail row, create the different elements you want in your output : content of dataset 1, content of dataset 2...</p></div></blockquote><p>Thanks for your idea! It works as of now</p>