Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Java.lang.NullPointerException
kidtorres
<p>Hi all, I would like to know why when I work with Date parameters I always end up getting this error that you can see in the file attached.</p><p>Now it happened when I tried to edit the parameter, but sometimes when I want to edit a Data Set, I get the same error.</p><p>Thanks in advance..</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi ,</p><p> </p><p>can you upload your rptdesign ? if possible with a flalfile as dataset.</p><p> </p><p>Your error is a generic one so it can be thousand of different answers and without the design, it will be difficult to help you effectively.</p>
kidtorres
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="GLO_FR" data-cid="127344" data-time="1397488376"><div><p>Hi ,</p><p> </p><p>can you upload your rptdesign ? if possible with a flalfile as dataset.</p><p> </p><p>Your error is a generic one so it can be thousand of different answers and without the design, it will be difficult to help you effectively.</p></div></blockquote><p>Sorry for the question (I am begginner in all this stuff) but what do you mean with a "flat file as dataset"..</p><p>Anyway, I am attaching you the rptdesign, in this one I dont know why I can´t edit the dataSet NEG_OPEjoinNEG_DOPE_RETRO.</p><p>Thank you in advance, and if you need help in something that you don´t understand, just tell me.</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>by "FlatFile", I meant to use a flatfile as datasource/dataset instead of a database connection.</p><p>I'll take a look on your design</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Ok, without any connection, that'will be very hard. </p><p> </p><p><em>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]>> I dont know why I can´t edit the dataSet NEG_OPEjoinNEG_DOPE_RETRO.[/color]</em></p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]can you access to your oracle db ? can you use and access to the conexiones.rptlibrary ?[/color]</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>The first thing I notice is that the [color=#0000ff;]<strong>p_f_emmision</strong>[/color] report parameter is a string, but it is linked to a query parameter wich is a date.</p><p>Same thing with <strong>[color=#0000ff;]p_o_reg_operacion [/color]</strong>: string in report parameter, integer in query</p><p>Try to change that.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>BTW, you have a dataset row named[color=#0000ff;]<span style="font-size:10px;"><strong> <span style="font-size:12px;">NEG.O_PUNTO_VENTA || - || NEG.N_FACTURA[/color]</strong></span></span>, you have also probabbly something wrong here</p>