Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding links from data values?
akk2
<p>Hi, is it possible for Birt to detect URLs in a dataset value and replace them automatically with links? I was thinking of replacing the report data cell at runtime by a link, but now that I'm thinking about it, it might be more complicated than that because there could also be two URLs in a single data, for example:</p><p> </p><p>- "Customer filled out form <a href="hltp://test.com/12312">12312</a> on dec 12th and form <a href="hltp://test.com/123">123</a> on january 2nd."</p><p> </p><p>So this complicates things quite a bit... So basically, any way to display a data set value as HTML so that links get interpreted as such?</p><p> </p><p>Using Birt 3.7.0. Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
akk2
<p>Actually this might be of help:<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.ca/2008/05/embed-html.html'>http://birtworld.blogspot.ca/2008/05/embed-html.html</a>
; I guess I could replace all of my report data by 'HTML text' items which refer to the actual data... I guess this should work, sadly I've just implemented column sorting which might give weird results because of it, or in actuality might even give better results... I guess I'll look into implementing this solution and report back, but if there's a better solution please let me know! Thanks!
</p>