Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
execute query in beforefactory method
cedricraeymaeckers
<p>Dear people</p><p> </p><p>I have the following problem. I have a query in a dataset that returns the exchange rate of a specific currency that the user selected during his parameter selection. But I want to assign this value to a variable before the report is build. Because I need this value in my measurefield in the cube. I really don't know how to do this. </p><p> </p><p>Can anyone please help me</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance guys!!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Currently, there's a private API that has been visible for a while to allow you to do this called the Data Engine API.</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1542-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1542-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values</a></p><p> </p><p>Use
it at your own risk though as it could get closed off at some point. You could always create an event handler for the beforeFactory and connect to your db in Java.</p>