Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
CANNOT DEPLOY BIRT REPORT ON APACHE TOMCAT SERVER
ankitvyas
<p>the report that i have designed opens and asks for input parameters but when i submit them instead of generating report it gives an error as ERROR CODE 17070 sometimes it gives error as PERMGEN ERROR.............stuck with this problem for a long time...............I have attached the xml file of my report</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>FYI i am using Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.2.3.v20131216-0430</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bri
<p>I was able to resolve most of our Tomcat permgen issues by boosting the memory of the server:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the Tomcat Properties Console (on Windows) I raised the values for the -Xms, -Xmx and -XX:MaxPermSize to the following:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-Xms256m<br>
-Xmx1024m<br>
-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m<br>
</p>
<p>I also raised the initial memory pool to 256 and the maximum memory pool to 1024.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As for the 17070 error, I haven't come across that one, but someone else has (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34789-error-17070-when-using-bvt/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34789-error-17070-when-using-bvt/</a>)
it sounds like it could be related to running a Birt PRO report on the BIRT Viewer Toolkit (the <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8080/BIRT/frameset'>http://localhost:8080/BIRT/frameset</a>
; URL). </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps</p>