Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT crashes when setting master page type to A3
Max Bo
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>the BIRT designer crashes every time I set the type of the master page to A3, save the document and reopen it.</p><p> </p><p>Only solution to get it up and running again is to remove the line</p><pre class="_prettyXprint"><property name="type">a3</property></pre><p>from the page-setup node in the XML file manually.</p><p> </p><p>I have attached a rptdesign file where the error occurs.</p><p> </p><p>What would be the correct way to file this bug?</p><p>Rgds</p><p> </p><p>Max</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi, </p><p> </p><p>what version of BIRT are you using ? Birt OS or Commercial ?</p><p> </p><p>Can you upload your report, I've tested it on BIRT Commercial 4.2.3 and BIRT OS 4.3 , and no problem on my side</p>
Max Bo
<div>And here the attachment ...</div><div> </div><div>[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9945]</div>
Max Bo
<p>I am using BIRT OS 4.3.1 on a German language system (Windows 7). Could you maybe send me your file so I can check it for any differences?</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi Max,</p><p> </p><p>i cant't get your design. Can you upload it again (did you put spaces in the name).</p><p>BTW, this is an A3 design</p><p> </p>
Max Bo
<p>Ok, second try
</p><p> </p>
Max Bo
<p>Found the reason: you have to set the orientation of the master page to sth different than 'Auto' - when you set it to Landscape everything works fine. Bug or feature?
</p>
GLO_FR
<p>You're right.</p><p> </p><p>I've tested it with different version, look like a bug. The workaround seems to spepify an orientation.</p><p>For BIRT OS, you can go there to report a BUG or contact an admin (mwilliams or kclark)</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>https://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php</a></p>
;
Max Bo
<p>Ok, just reported the bug.Thanks for your help!</p>