Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
use a value stored in a config file
alexis
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I would like to use a value in a MySQL query or after in a script, whose value is to be read from a file.</p><p>I don't know how to do it, using java or javascript ?</p><p>Any help ?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Using some Java you should be able to read that file and store it in a parameter. Then use that parameter in your Query. Try creating a parameter then from the script builder you can assign that value using your code. Let me know if you need an example
</p>
alexis
<p>Thanks kristopher.</p><p>You bring me the confirmation it is possible.</p><p>As I am a newbie in Java stuff, I would appreciate an example
</p>
kclark
<p>Take a look at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/reading-and-using-a-properties-file-r1644'>this
example</a> I just posted in the devshare. In this case I used a properties file and use the Properties() class. It shouldn't be too far off from what you're needing. Let me know if you need any help
</p>