Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
cancel deployment
nico
I've got a situation where I clicked "cancel deployment" for a filelist deployment in the od gui (new od version/win2k) and it has been in "setup done
transferring
cancel pending" mode for over 2 hours. How do I kill it?
Thanks, Nico
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Unfortunately, the only way to kill it is to bounce the OD process. Reason is that cancel is not fine-grained, meaning there are windows of opportunity to cancel between deployment stages. So if you are in the transfer phase, there is not a convenient way to kill the job before exiting the phase.
Fine grained deployment termination is an open feature request (#36873). Please email me or contact Tech Support if you would like your company attached to the request.
Cheers,
Todd Scallan
Senior Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
RonaldV
Hi Todd and everybody else,
could you explain a little bit what would be the consequences of killing a running deploy in mid time by killing the process (via task-manager -> End Process)?
I understand this is not the common way to go but it could be the only way to go when you discover that the deploy is ruining your live-webserver. For example when somebody is deploying an empty (say Initial) edition.
I suppose that breaking off the deploy and restarting it afterwards (with the proper edition) would be OK, isn't it?
Thanks, Ronald
Migrateduser
Killing the OD process mid-deploy would clear the job activity data and could leave the files on the target in an in-between state, including leaving temp files around.
If you run a subsequent directory-comparison deployment against the correct edition, it should clean things up.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
RonaldV
Thanks Todd.