Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Group header in report footer
Sachin RJ
<p>Hi All,</p><p> </p><p>I am using BIRT 3.7 version.</p><p> </p><p>I have two queries :</p><p> </p><p>1] In my report, I am using group.</p><p> </p><p>I want data in group header to print on report footer.</p><p> </p><p>For instance, IN attached PDF, Production,Pre-Production,next wave are group header with page break,</p><p> </p><p>I want to print them on footer as well, so that footer will contain group information.</p><p> </p><p>Let me know if there is any way to achieve the same.</p><p> </p><p>2] I want report index, which will contain page numbers on which groups are breaking.</p><p> </p><p>Let me know if there is any way to achieve the same.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>For 1 use page variables. For 2 Search the DevShare for TOC reports. there are a few.</p>
Sachin RJ
<p>Hi mblock,
Thanks for your reponse,
For Case 1 :
I used page variable to het group header as report footer, But the problem here i am facing is,
When one group ends, then its value gets printed on next group footer,
when second group ends, its value gets printed on third group footer.
Please let me know if we can achive the required functionality.
If you can provide sample report, with the issue resolved would be of great help.
For your reference, i am attaching the result i got.</p>
micajblock
<p>Please refer to this forum post. It has the answers you seek.</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34270-updating-the-master-page-based-on-grouping/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34270-updating-the-master-page-based-on-grouping/</a></p>
;
Sachin RJ
<p>Thanks mblock, for your reply, it worked for me.</p><p> </p><p>But, i am still working with report index issue,</p><p> </p><p>Please let us know where you have sample report which generates report index as in which title is getting printed on which page.</p>
micajblock
<p>Did you search the DevShare?</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/resources/search/?q=toc&site=dev_devshare&btng=&num=10&output=xml_no_dtd&proxycustom=&client=developer_frontend&lr=&oe=&ie=utf-8&ulang=&sort=date:d:l:d1&entqr=3&entqrm=0'>http://developer.actuate.com/resources/search/?q=toc&site=dev_devshare&btng=&num=10&output=xml_no_dtd&proxycustom=&client=developer_frontend&lr=&oe=&ie=utf-8&ulang=&sort=date:d:l:d1&entqr=3&entqrm=0</a></p><p> </p><p>I
would use this one:</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1523-simplified-printable-table-of-contents'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1523-simplified-printable-table-of-contents</a></p>
;
Sachin RJ
<p>Hi mblock,</p><p> </p><p>I have worked on report index, but i have found one major issue in implementation.</p><p> </p><p>I am using web viewer and then exporting it to excel(Or Using frameset in server).</p><p> </p><p>When The data can't fit on 1 page(lets say text which occupies 5 pages), in this case, using web viewer and then exporting to excel, same data gets repeated 5 times.</p><p> </p><p>If the data occupies 8 pages, then same text gets repeated 8 times.</p><p> </p><p>Please let me know, if there is any resolution for the same, as it is major bug in the report, as i have one text field which spans more than 1 page.</p><p> </p><p>Please note that, same thing(Repeatation), doesn't happen, when i directly export it to PDF(i.e when using preview to generate the report, but using frameset, the issue occurs).</p><p> </p><p>Please let me know, if there is any workaround/resolution for the same.</p><p> </p><p>In attached PDF, data repeats on 6,11,16,21 page.</p><p> </p><p>I found that, issue occurs when i use dynamic text element, but when i use data element issue doesn;t occur,</p><p>But i cant use data element as, in my DB text is stored in HTML format.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>PFA, The PDF generated(With data repeated) and rptDesign for the same.</p>
micajblock
<p>Please explain how you would want index to work in Excel. There are no pages in Excel.</p>
Sachin RJ
<p>Hi mblock,</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your response.</p><p> </p><p>It is my bad, i am generating report in pdf format and not in excel.</p><p> </p><p>I am not facing any issues with indexing part.</p><p> </p><p>But there is one major issue i have osbesrved while generating report, with text data spaning multiple pages.</p><p> </p><p>I am using dynamic text element to render html data stored in clob field in database.</p><p> </p><p>When i generate report in web viewer, there is no page break taking place, but same data gets repeated on next pages.</p><p> </p><p>When i generate pdf for the same, data gets repeated number of times equal to the number of pages, it is spaning on report.</p><p> </p><p>For example, if text spans 5 pages on report, same text gets repeated 5 times , resulting into 25 pages on report.</p><p> </p><p>PFA, sample PDF with data getting repeated on 6,11,16,21 page number.</p><p> </p><p>Also, find attached sample rptdesn used to generate the report.</p><p> </p><p>Also, PFA, screenshots of report viewer, where same data is getting repeated on different pages as there is no page break happening</p>
Sachin RJ
<p>PFA, missing attachments</p>
Sachin RJ
<p>Hi mblock,</p><p> </p><p>Is there any resolution for the same? Please let me know.</p>
micajblock
<p>I will work offline with you and post post back here later.</p>