Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Missing images and proxy caches
rwbrankin
<p>I know there are lots of missing image questions. I have a related problem where I think I know the issue but seek guidance on whether there is any fix I might be able to employ within BIRT.</p><p> </p><p>Using Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.6.1 and 4.3.1. Not a particularly exotic or long report but quite intricate. One report section is a simple list with entries which are images, located via URIs, which are stored in a table. The URIs are correct, as verified by loading in a web browser. Not a straighforward environment with various proxies involved in serving the image files.</p><p> </p><p>When I run the report via preview or in the web viewer, the images don't display. When I view the images in a web browser and run the report soon after (preview mode or web viewer), then the images are displayed in the report output. Wait half an hour, run the report again, then the images don't display.</p><p> </p><p>I'm concluding that direct web browser access of the relevant images results in caching of the images at an intermediate proxy of short duration but sufficient to support servicing a BIRT report URI request when the BIRT report is run quickly after the web browsing. Not really helpful for the report. So, what mechanism is BIRT using to fetch the URIs and there is anyway to increase/overcome whatever wait/timeout restrictions appear to be in the way? Or have I gotten the wrong end of the stick?</p><p> </p><p>Really hoping to deploy these reports soon but lack of images is a big stumbling block.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for any help/advice. Richard</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet