Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
xml datasource -> error preview report
radako
<p>Hallo everyone,</p><p> </p><p>I´m using Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.3.2.v20140211-1400 Build <4.3.2.v20140225-1404></p><p>As xml-source the attached xmlfile.</p><p> </p><p>1. Create data source from xml-file</p><p>2. create new data set </p><p>2.1 Row Mapping: XPath Expression -> "/credit:Approvals/credit:approval"</p><p>2.2 Column Mapping: "credit:approvalname" -> XPath: "/credit:approvalname"</p><p> "credit:customer" -> XPath: "/credit:customer"</p><p>2.3 Show sample data: data is shown correctly</p><p>2.4 Finish and preview results -> error occured:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report. at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.doRun(DatasetPreviewTask.java:330) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.runDataset(DatasetPreviewTask.java:280) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.execute(DatasetPreviewTask.java:91) at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.DataSetPreviewer.preview(DataSetPreviewer.java:68) at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.ResultSetPreviewPage$5.run(ResultSetPreviewPage.java:366) at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.spec.QuerySpecification.getBaseQuery()Lorg/eclipse/datatools/connectivity/oda/spec/BaseQuery; at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSourceQuery.prepare(DataSourceQuery.java:286) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery$OdaDSQueryExecutor.prepareOdiQuery(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:517) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:346) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:463) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:190) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:178) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:178) at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:637) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.extractQuery(DatasetPreviewTask.java:349) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.doRun(DatasetPreviewTask.java:309) ... 5 more </pre><p>I cannot create any data set from the xml source. What I´m doing wrong???</p><p> </p><p>Thanks....</p><div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
radako
<p>It looks like an error from the eclipse-plugin.</p><p>With the standalone BIRT-Designer the xml-source looks valid and can be used within datasets
</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I've also tested it, it works fine with the BIRT-all-in-one (<span style="font-size:14px;">4.3.1 - </span><span style="font-size:14px;">Build id: v20130917-1035)</span></p><p> </p><p>It can be probably a bug from the xml connector or as you said from the pluggin</p><p> </p><p>In my case, I've got two xml connectors : </p><p>org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.xml.4.3.1.v201308301349</p><p>and</p><p>org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.xml.4.3.0.v201306041519</p><p> </p><p>check yours and maybe change it</p>