Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Simplest Report Possible - What could be wrong with this one?
rveeraraghav
<p>Attached are 2 tiny reports. Both the reports have a master page with a title.</p><p>In new_report_1.rptdesign, I have a grid with 3 rows and 4 columns.</p><p>Same with the second report. <strong>EXCEPT</strong>, I modified the column sizes to not be of the <strong>same width</strong>. </p><p> </p><p>I created a grid which has 3 rows and 4 columns.</p><p> </p><p>I merged the cells in the first row in both the reports - so the title can be displayed in one row</p><p> </p><p>To see the issue</p><p> </p><p>Use eclipse kepler with Birt.</p><p>Copy both the reports into your workspace</p><p>Open new_report_1.rptdesign and go to preview mode. The report heading looks fine. - the title gets displayed in 1 row.</p><p> </p><p>Open new_report_2.rptdesign and go to preview mode. Observe the heading - it gets squeezed into the first cell. -- <strong>THIS IS THE ISSUE</strong>. I don't understand why this rendering would get distorted simply when I try to change the column sizes.</p><p> </p><p>please see preview.png to see the issue as images.</p><p> </p><p>I compared the two reports and didn't see anything obvious.</p><p> </p><p>What can I do?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p> Ravi</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>I do not see the issue when using the web viewer. </p>
rveeraraghav
<p>Thank you pointing it out. I was so hung up on making it work in eclipse designer, I didn't deploy and verify it. Yes it does work from Birt viewer. I wonder why it does not work in preview mode?</p>
micajblock
<p>Look in preferences. I always set the preview to use external browser. Then I would use the Run Report from the menu not the preview tab. The reason being is that is how users will view the report.</p>